Baltimore’s Marching Ravens are holding auditions for musicians. Openings in all sections. Auditions will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2017. Everyone must pre-register at:
You must be 18 years or older to join the Marching Ravens and have a background in reading music and marching.
Why should you consider joining the Marching Ravens?
- It is a paid part time position for all rehearsals, performances and games.
- Great seating at all Ravens home games.
- Rehearsals are one night a week on Wednesdays
- Rehearsals will start in the middle of April and go throughout the year up to the Super Bowl.
- Performances are 10 Ravens home games, Parades of July 2nd and July 4th.
- The Band Supplies all brass and percussion. Woodwinds have to supply their own.
- Performing in front of eighty thousand fans at Ravens home games plus network TV.
- Performing with a nationally known band…Baltimore’s Marching Ravens.
- Cost…purchase of a summer uniform and black marching shoes from the band, that’s it.
- There are no dues
- There are no rental of instruments, no rental of a dress uniform,
- Bus transportation to games and events supplied by the Baltimore Ravens.
- Game day lunch supplied by the Ravens organization
- Snacks and drinks supplied throughout the game.
- Rehearsals are held inside at the Baltimore Ravens Field House.
On game days, the Marching Ravens perform a pre-game concert, a parade down Ravens Way, mini Concert in the middle of Ravens Way, pre-game show, playing in the stands, halftimes, 3rd quarter break rotating per games with our Percussion Line, Rhythm Section the Marching Ravens, Post game concert, post game parade up Ravens Way.
We would highly advise going to Net Flex to view the “30 For 30” ESPN special titled “The Band That Wouldn’t Die” produced and directed by Academy and Emmy Award winner Barry Levinson which documents the band’s history staying together twice without a football team and shows what the power of music can accomplish.
A published Marching Ravens Yearbook is presented to each band member at the end of the year as a gift along with small gifts throughout the year.
This year, the Marching Ravens will celebrate our 70th Anniversary of continuous operation founded September 7, 1947 as the Baltimore Colts’ Marching Band and we are looking forward to a fantastic season promoting our heritage in Baltimore Professional Football..